Running for Dorchester Marathon Charities!
If you haven’t yet chosen a charity to run for, then please consider running for Dorchester Marathon Charities in 2018.
Why choose Dorchester Marathon charities?
- 100% of money donated by you will go straight to our chosen charities with no administration or other costs.
- Our headline charity is Air Ambulance who rely solely on donations to provide a vital service which saves lives every day!
- In addition, we are supporting local charities and good causes who are working in the community to make a significant difference to the quality people’s lives, together with Rotary’s own charity work.
- In 2017 our inaugural event raised £13,000 which has all been allocated to Air ambulance and local charities. See the marathon website for details of those who benefitted from last year’s event
- So please help us to raise even more in 2018!
What is in it for you?
You not only have the opportunity to run in some of the country’s most glorious scenery, visit the fantastic Jurassic Coast while you are here, and enjoy a great weekend party at the runners’ village, but also to gain the satisfaction of making a real difference to the lives of others at the same time!
You also receive additional benefits if you sign up to Run for Dorchester Marathon Charities. See below.
How it works?
There are two approaches you can take:
- Running for Dorchester Marathon Charities (limited places- so sign up quickly )
If you guarantee at least £200 in sponsorship you will receive:
- Access to our VIP area in the main marquee (near the bar so a great location!)
- An engraved Piddle Brewery Glass with beer or cider to fill it from the Piddle Valley Bar in the Marquee, or an alternative drink of your choice if you wish- including cocktails!
- A “Running for Dorchester Marathon Charities” -Technical Shirt to run in during the race…..
- A certificate showing how much you raised, plus details of the total sum raised and how it has been distributed.
How you sign up:
- You enter the race on-line as usual from the event website dorchestermarathon.co.uk
- You click Running for Dorchester Marathon Charities and we will register you and confirm your place by email.
- If you have previously entered the race then please email email@example.com indicating that you wish to Run for Dorchester Marathon Charities and we will register you and confirm by email.
You register and set up your own account through the Dorchester Marathon Charity page on the Virgin Money Giving site https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charities/rotary-ribi-99 which is remarkably easy… honestly
- You pay your sponsorship money into your account as you receive it, and no later than 1 month after the event please.
- Becoming an Individual Sponsor
Individual Sponsors support our charities by donating the money they raise from sponsorship directly to our Virgin Money Giving charity account
- There is no target to reach and you will also receive a certificate showing how much you have raised, details of the total sum raised and how it has been dispersed.…….together with our heartfelt thanks for helping us to make a real difference to other people’s lives!
How you sign up
- You enter the race as usual on line from the event website, not forgetting to register for camping if appropriate.(dorchestermarathon.co.uk)
- Once you have entered the race and decide to become an individual sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate that you wish to become one and we will then register you and confirm by email.
- You register and set up your own account on the Dorchester Marathon Charity site on Virgin Money Giving account to https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charities/rotary-ribi-99
- You pay in your sponsorship money into your account at an appropriate time and no later than 1 month after the event please.
If you would like to discuss becoming a sponsored runner please email email@example.com leaving your phone number and we will get back to you.
Or if you have any problems setting up your Virgin Account do ring the Virgin help line on 0345 01 10 45 Mon- Fri , 9am-5.30pm. They are very helpful!
Thank you for your valued support!
Dorchester Marathon 2017 – Charity Awards
Profit £13,000 – all awarded to Local Charities
Headline Charity- Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance -£3,000
Local Charities and good causes-
- Mayor of Dorchester’s Charity- £250
- Sail-ability – sailing for the disabled- £250
- Dorchester Show Charity- £250
- Dorchester and Broadmayne Scouts – £250
- The Dorchester Disabled Club – £250
- Dorchester Youth Club – £500
- Community Projects in the Villages on Route. 5X £250
- Further local charities/good causes encouraged to bid for up to £500
41 applications have now been received and outcomes will be announced at the end of March 2018.