Running for Dorchester Marathon Charities
– sponsored by Piddle Brewery.
(Hurry as there are only a limited number of places!)
What’s in it for you?
- Free entry to the Marathon or Half Marathon, with your entry fee reimbursed after you send a minimum of £200 that you have raised in sponsorship.
- A special free Piddle race shirt to run in.
- Goodies including a free engraved glass and a drink from the Piddle Brewery Bar.
- A Piddle hospitality area in the main marquee alongside the Piddle Bar!
Why Run for Dorchester Marathon Charities?
- 100% of the money raised goes directly to:
- Our Headline Charity- Air Ambulance which relies solely on donations to save lives
- Local charities and good causes which all make a significant difference to people’s lives.
- The inaugural event in 2017 raised £13,000 all which has all been allocated to Air Ambulance and Local charities. See the Marathon Website for details of those who benefitted from last year’s event. Please help us to raise even more this year!
How it works:
- You enter in the normal way and pay to enter and either tick the box on your Race Entry Form indicating that you wish to run for Dorchester Marathon Charities
- or email email@example.com if you have already entered, indicating that you wish to take part.
What happens next
- We register you and get back with details.
- You find family, friends, colleagues etc to sponsor your run.
Before the Race
- You check in at the Piddle Bar in the main marquee and pick up your special Piddle Race Shirt to wear during the race.
- You enjoy a free post-race drink in the hospitality area, pick up your Piddle freebies and enjoy the free post-race party.
- You collect the money from your sponsors and send it to us via the simple Virgin Money Giving- system, explained in the details we send you.
- Your Marathon or Half entry fee is reimbursed if you raise £200 or more!
Dorchester Marathon 2017 – Charity Awards
Profit £13,000 – all awarded to Local Charities
Headline Charity- Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance -£3,000
Local Charities and good causes-
- Mayor of Dorchester’s Charity- £250
- Sail-ability – sailing for the disabled- £250
- Dorchester Show Charity- £250
- Dorchester and Broadmayne Scouts – £250
- The Dorchester Disabled Club – £250
- Dorchester Youth Club – £500
- Community Projects in the Villages on Route. 5X £250
- Further local charities/good causes encouraged to bid for up to £500
41 applications have now been received and outcomes will be announced at the end of March 2018.