If you have friends and family coming along to support you for the race, please find attached a map and instructions of our best suggested spectator points and information on how to get there. There will be lots going on in the event village to entertain them as well as attractions a short walk away in Dorchester Town Centre, for ideas visit https://www.visit-dorset.com/explore/towns/dorchester/attractions-in-dorchester
They can also track you on your route, thanks to the new app from Full on Sport, simply download the free app from your app store named – Trak
For instructions visit https://www.fullonsport.com/trak
Dorchester Marathon Race Marshalls Required!
Support The Dorchester Marathon as a Race Marshall on May 27th.
- No experience required. Everything provided and Great Fun!
- Be part of a fantastic team producing a brilliant event;
- Enjoy the buzz of Dorchester’s biggest ever sporting occasion;
- Help support local charities, the local economy, local athletes and our community;
- Just have fun over the weekend…..it’s all free to you!
- Guidance on Marshalling and a full Race Briefing
- A pack with details, maps and instructions for your location
- Phone support on the day and a High-Viz Jacket
- A packed lunch if you are marshalling past noon
- Free access to the post-race party at the race village!!
To find out more and receive an application form email: email@example.com
Just a thought……We marshal in pairs, so why not encourage a friend or partner to join you?
Help raise money for your Air Ambulance & Local Charities
Crediton Runners review Dorchester Marathon
Dorchester Marathon and Casterbridge Half
The first Dorchester Marathon and Casterbridge Half Marathons, hosted by White Star Running took place on Sunday 28th May in the beautiful countryside of Dorset. A hot and sunny morning developed as the two events were off and the heat continued until about 1pm when the clouds appeared and the rain was a welcome relief for those running the full marathon.
With camping, a barn dance and a fully equipped race village this event really pulled out the stops to give runners and spectators all they could need to make this a memorable and enjoyable event. There were food tents, a bar, clothing and running supplies, massages, and more! The event was very well organised with excellent marshalls and a great atmosphere from start to finish. Not to mention the bling! Wow those medals were worth striving for, and the t-shirts too were fab.
Read more on Crediton Runners Network site.