Dorchester Half Marathon - Just Racing
Please visit Just Racing for event information
Running for Dorchester Half Marathon Charities.
(Hurry as there are only a limited number of places!)
What’s in it for you:
· Free entry to the Half Marathon, with your entry fee reimbursed after you send a minimum of £200 that you have raised in sponsorship.
· A special free race shirt to run in.
· Entrance to the “Sponsored Runners” hospitality area in the main marquee
Why Run for Dorchester Half Marathon Charities?
· 100% of the money raised goes directly to:
- Our Headline Charity- Air Ambulance which relies solely on donations to save lives,
- Local charities and good causes which all make a significant difference to people’s lives.
· The 2018 event raised approximately £12000 all which has all been allocated to Air Ambulance and local charities/good causes. Please help us to raise even more this year!
How it works:
· You enter in the normal way and pay to enter and either tick the box on your Race Entry Form indicating that you wish to run for Dorchester Half Marathon Charities,
· or email mjbeesley@btinternet if you have already entered, indicating that you wish to take part.
What happens next
· We register you and get back with details.
· You find family, friends, colleagues etc to sponsor your run.
Before the Race
· You check in at the hospitality area in the main marquee and pick up your special Race Shirt to wear during the race.
· You enjoy a free post-race drink in the hospitality and enjoy the free post-race party.
· You collect the money from your sponsors and send it to us via the simple Virgin Money Giving- system, explained in the details we send you.
· Your Marathon or Half entry fee is reimbursed if you raise £200 or more!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your free place !
OR Become an Individual Sponsor……
Alternatively, you don’t have to join the above scheme, but can become an Individual Sponsor with no target to reach, just entering, running and donating your sponsorship to Dorchester Marathon Charities via Virgin Money Giving after the event,
To take part just email email@example.com letting us know you wish to do so and we will send you details.
While this route lacks the financial benefits of the above scheme, it still provides an opportunity to make a positive difference to people’s lives through our event.
Prestigious running event maintained in Dorchester!
Dorchester Casterbridge Rotary and Just Racing (UK) of Weymouth are delighted to be teaming-up to maintain a major running event in Dorchester. A Half Marathon will be organised by Just Racing (UK) on 19th May 2019 with Casterbridge as Exclusive Charity Partners: organising fundraising for local charities as they have in previous years.
John Adams of Dorchester Casterbridge Rotary said, “We are delighted to be forming a new partnership with Just Racing (UK) who have a National reputation for organising very successful running and triathlon events and to be able to maintain a prestigious local event which supports the local economy, encourages people to take part in sport and raises money for local charities and good causes”.
“We are most grateful to White Star Running for their help in developing the very successful Dorchester Marathon and Half over the past two years, but now that they have withdrawn from our partnership to concentrate on off road races, we have reviewed the event and decided to focus on a large half marathon, which has greater appeal for runners of all abilities and is more likely to grow over time”
The 2019 Dorchester Half Marathon will start in the beautiful Kingston Maurward College Grounds, run through historic Dorchester and the stunning Dorset countryside and local villages, before returning to finish line and the athlete’s village at Kingston Maurward.
Alan Rose of Just Racing (UK) said, “We are really excited to be organising a race in our County Town and focussing on a half marathon provides us with the flexibility to provide a fantastic new course which is historic, scenic and relatively fast. This, together with the hospitality planned at the Athlete’s Village, will ensure that runners enjoy a very special weekend in glorious West Dorset”.
“It also provides the opportunity to develop the ‘Dorset Double’ – a new competition combining runner’s Weymouth Half marathon times (17th March) and Dorchester Half Marathon times with extra prizes for runners of all ages to compete for”.
Early Bird Entries open on Monday 29th October lasting until 11th November and FREE places are available for anyone who is willing to raise £200 in sponsorship and run for the event’s charities.